Hello, everybody, and welcome to nextgenconfessions’ second contest!
Our dreamcast contest was such a hit and it was super fun (hopefully it was for all of you as well), so we decided to host another! Or, well, Pearl (that’s me) decided to host another, and don’t worry, I promise results will be much more punctual this time around, haha.
Anywho, here’s how it’ll work:
- first, we want everyone and anyone who is interested to send us a next-gen drabble via the submit box —it can be about any character/pairing you like, but it must star at least one of the 16 canon next-gen kids (OCs are allowed, but they cannot be the main character unless it’s a romance with one of the canon kids)
- remember — drabbles are meant to be short, so the maximum word count is 500 words — less is great, a little more (I’ll give you a grace period of 20 words or thereabouts) is fine, but please try to keep it within that range.
- out of the drabbles we recieve, we will pick a certain number (right now, I’m thinking 25, but that depends on how many people enter) to be finalists, and we will post the winning drabbles on our blog
- the winners will then be given parameters to write another drabble (things like a specific pairing, character, setting, word prompts, etc.) and they will submit their drabbles for that round to us, again using the submit box and making sure to follow all the given parameters
- 2 people will be eliminated each round, and each round will have different parameters for the finalists to write in; all winning drabbles will be posted on the blog alongside regular confessions
- when there are 5 finalists left standing, they will be declared the champions and their winning drabbles posted on a new page of the blog so that all can marvel at their superb writing skills :)
If you have any questions, drop ‘em in our askbox! All questions about this contest will be tagged “drabble contest” for easy finding.
DEADLINE: if you want to submit a drabble, make sure you have it in through the submit box by JUNE 15TH 2012. That’s NEXT FRIDAY, which gives you a week.
What are you waiting? Start writing!